verseworks is a consulting company based in the United Kingdom. But we aren’t a very typical consulting company:
- None of our consultants are employees.
- We have no managers, not even a CEO. Instead we rely on self-organization and transparency. Almost everything is bottom-up, and anyone can drive any decision.
- verseworks doesn’t want to earn money from it’s consultants. It is in practice a non-profit company (although not formally so). Consultants keep most of what they earn.
- Our ownership model is designed to keep our stock financially worthless. There is no incentive to “cash in”.
- Consultants are 100% autonomous. They can do whatever they want (as long as they don’t hurt the brand or our house), and work as much or as little as they want.
For our clients, we believe that this is interesting because:
- it removes the conflict of interest between the client and the consultancy.
- our consultants can focus on the client, rather than incentives set by the consultancy.